We are a team of highly qualified and skilled professionals and our excellent reputation means that we are recognised as a vital organisation in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) – 12 Month Temporary Contract with Possible Extension – ISVA in training £25,991, increasing to £27,041 once qualified
Home working and various county outreach locations.
Hours of work
Full Time – 37.5 hrs per week (worked Monday - Friday)
The role of an ISVA is to offer practical support to anyone aged 18 years and over who has experienced sexual violence/abuse.
To work within a multi-agency setting to assist survivors/victims to access appropriate services such as housing, benefits, health services etc.
To support those who wish to report to the Police, through the criminal justice process, including liaising with the Police and any other criminal justice agency.
• Develop, in conjunction with the survivor/victim, an individual outcome-focused support plan and risk management plan to address risk and support needs.
• Provide face to face, online and telephone support to survivors/victims and their supporters.
• Support survivors/victims (where appropriate) through the criminal justice system.
Essential experience, qualifications and skills
• Extensive experience of working with adult victims and survivors as an ISVA, counsellor, support worker, crisis worker or similar role.
• Experience of completing risk assessments and making safeguarding referrals.
• Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System and ability to support survivors where appropriate.
• Ability to problem solve
If you are able to answer ‘yes’ to the following questions, you are welcome to apply:
• Do you have experience of conducting risk assessments?
• Do you have experience of providing support through the criminal justice system?
• Do you have an awareness and understanding of sexual violence and its impact?
• Do you have an understanding of child protection issues and legal responsibilities?
• Are you ISVA trained or able to attend ISVA training as detailed in the advert?
Further information or requirements:
Applicants who successfully pass the initial set questions will be sent an application pack. A completed application form is needed in order to fully apply for this post.
Applicants will need to be able to travel around the county and be flexible as to working some unsociable hours, when necessary.
Applicants will need to be able to work from home in a confidential environment.
A full, clean driving licence and access to a vehicle are a requirement of this role.
Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check
CLOSING DATE: 28th September 21 (23:00 hrs)
INTERVIEW DATE: 5th October 21