We are a team of highly qualified and skilled professionals and our excellent reputation means that we are recognised as a vital organisation in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
Counsellor/Therapist – Permanent Position – £29,577 (pro-rata) for Registered Counsellors, £30,351 (pro-rata) for Accredited Counsellors
Current remote working from home due to Covid-19 restrictions providing online/telephone counselling. This post will then be based in the city (with possible travel to outreach locations). Travel is required as part of this role and so access to a car is needed.
Hours of work
30 - 37.5 hours per week (over 5 days, Monday – Friday)
To deliver a high quality counselling service to survivors of sexual violence (aged 18+) which is safe, ethical and effective and supports key outcomes.
• Managing a caseload of clients and providing short- long term counselling sessions
• To undertake rigorous clinical assessments and identify and action needs/risks and safeguarding matters appropriately and in a timely manner
• To formulate, plan and monitor effective support plans with clients
• Liaise effectively with key personnel and colleagues to contribute to the safe and productive day to day running of the counselling service
Essential experience, qualifications and skills
• Degree in Counselling
• BACP/UKCP accredited or registered
• Experience of conducting Risk Assessments
• Have in-depth knowledge of issues affecting people who have experienced sexual violence, both recent and non-recent
• Experience of delivering a wide range of therapeutic approaches to mental health problems and experience of routine outcome monitoring & ability to meet agreed specified service targets.
• Excellent IT and interpersonal skills
If you are able to answer ‘yes’ to the following questions, you are welcome to apply:
• Are you eligible to work in the UK?
• Do you have a degree in Humanistic Counselling?
• Are you accredited/registered with BACP or UKCP?
• Do you have an awareness and understanding of sexual violence and its impact?
• Do you have experience of conducting Risk/Needs Assessments & management?
Applicants who successfully pass the initial set questions will be sent an application pack. A completed application form is needed to fully apply for this post.
Successful applicants will be subject to DBS vetting. Applicants must have a valid Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Level 3 Certificate prior to starting this role.
CLOSING DATE: 27th September 21 (23:00 hrs)
INTERVIEW DATE: 4th October 21