Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England, to provide foster placements to children and young people. We have been rated ‘Outstanding’ for four consecutive inspections since 2008.
Location: Romsey or Ringwood
Salary: Up to £49,000 Per Annum (Pro Rata)
Hours: Part Time – 13 Hours
Who are we?
We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18 and Parent and Child Placements. We also have an established and well regarded Therapeutic Led Care (TLC) service where our team of experienced clinical practitioners work alongside specialist foster carers to provide therapeutic care to children to prevent them moving to residential care.
Our ethos is to provide the best service possible for children, and for all children placed with us to achieve their full potential. We work hard to ensure children experience love, care, nurture and stability with our carers.
The role of the Clinical Lead is to ensure the therapeutic services within Blue Sky Fostering are consistently delivered in the different geographical hubs. The Clinical Lead will ensure practice is standardised, and alongside the TLC Service Manager and Registered Manager, will ensure that the service is responsive to market requirements.
The Clinical Lead will provide clinical supervision and direction on therapeutic matters to the Clinical Practitioners as required and may support with the facilitation of the quarterly Therapy Team Meetings (TTM) alongside the Consultant Psychologist.
The Clinical Lead will also provide therapeutic training to carers and colleagues. The Clinical Lead will be confident in understanding different therapeutic models and will have a strong understanding of working with developmental trauma.
The Clinical Lead will also facilitate reflective practice groups and one to one sessions for foster carers caring for children and young people in therapeutic placements on an as and when basis as required by the agency. The aim of the supervision and relationship with the carers is to provide the ‘therapy’ to the child through therapeutic re-parenting strategies. It is not part of the role of the Clinical Practitioner / Lead to provide direct therapeutic input direct to the child or young person, but to deliver it through the responses from the foster carers.
• A therapeutic qualification in a related field – (eg psychotherapy or psychology)
• Clinical Supervision qualification
• Experience of working therapeutically in a relevant field – understanding the impact on a child of childhood trauma and abuse.
• Good communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to communicate and work in settings in which the atmosphere may be highly emotive.
• Ability to work with carers to enable them to therapeutically re-parent traumatised children and young people and ability to reflect with carers around the impact and to guide Clinical Practitioners in undertaking this work
• Ability to lead and develop others and to work in line with the TLC models and to provide clinical supervision to Clinical Practitioners
• Excellent organisational skills, and problem solving.
• Ability and experience in writing comprehensive assessments and analytical report writing.
• Excellent IT, using a range of different IT programmes (excel, word, power point)
• Liaison with range of agencies and professionals
• Working with different theoretical methods
• Competent trainer and speaker able to engage with different audiences
• Multi-agency working – working within a team of different professionals and disciplines
• Awareness of Child Protection issues
Why work for us?
• Generous Annual Leave – 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
• Birthday Leave – a paid day off for your birthday
• Good Health Days – no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
• Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
• Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
• Auto Enrolment Pension
• Learning & Development Opportunities
• Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
• Eyecare Vouchers
• Cycle To Work Scheme
• Optional Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave/Shared Parental Leave
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Blue Sky Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work, to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.