***OPPORTUNITY FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE***
Opportunity for full time and part time work.
Breathe Therapies is a not-for-profit organisation and the treatment arm of the charity, Support and Education For Eating Disorders.
At Breathe, we wish to ensure that anyone in Preston and the North West who are experiencing an Eating Disorder, Obesity, Mental Health or Wellbeing issues can have access to the most appropriate help and sufficient treatment to overcome the difficulties they may be facing.
Breathe provides a research based multi-disciplinary treatment programme for four treatment pathways. Breathe uses a holistic and integrative treatment model founded by The National Centre for Eating Disorders and involves the combined use of therapeutic interventions.
We are looking to recruit a hardworking, experienced and committed individual, who can demonstrate they have the relevant skills required to undertake this role. You will be expected to be able to work well independently but also as part of a team. We are a busy team in a fast paced environment but all work together to create the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Job Title: Registered Mental health Nurse (RMN) specialist in eating disorders
Location: Quayside House, Navigation Way off Chain Caul Way, Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2YP
Reporting to: Clinical Director
To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team providing support to enable individuals to help themselves in their recovery from their eating disorder, mental health, obesity or wellbeing presentations.
To provide clinical care to the inpatients, according to the treatment plans prescribed by the MDT.
This will involve planning, implementing, assessing and evaluating nursing care, using evidence-based practice. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team is a key feature of the role, as well as utilising a patient-centred approach, and involving families in planning and implementation of care.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Work with an awareness of the NICE guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders.
* Follow the requirements of the Mental Health Act and Children Act.
* Contribute to highly specialist assessment of eating disorders in individuals.
* Establish therapeutic relationships with patients.
* Assist in the development, co-facilitation and staffing of therapeutic groups and 1:1s.
* Maintain appropriate, supportive and respectful relationships with carers and family members.
* Contribute to appropriate multi-disciplinary meetings.
* Manage the implementation of therapeutic meal provision.
* Be responsible for the safe storage and administration of clinical equipment.
* Demonstrate awareness of safeguarding principles in all dealings with individuals and their families.
* Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act, the Children Act, Safeguarding legislation, the NMC and Breathe Therapies Policy.
* Operate at own level of professional competency.
* Maintain professional boundaries.
* Operate within NMC guidelines.
* Maintain and monitor professional nursing conduct ensuring that appropriate standards are met.
* Ensure that senior nursing staff are informed of all professional and clinical issues.
* Undertake the induction, mentorship and preceptorship of staff new to the service in conjunction with the rest of the nursing team.
* Participate in Breathe Therapies appraisal process. Identify and undertake own and others mandatory, professional and personal development and training needs.
* Participate in regular clinical supervision, ensuring evidence-based practice.
* Read and comply with all relevant Breathe Therapies and statuary policies and procedures.
* Contribute to Breathe Therapies Clinical Governance arrangements and quality agenda.
* Keep adequate and timely written records which comply with Breathe Therapies and NMC guidelines.
* Ensure good practice in terms of updating and informing all members of the MDT and appropriate others about current nursing care plans and the physical and psychological process of the patients.
* Communicate with patients and their carers in line with Breathe Therapies and NMC guidelines on confidentiality.
* Contribute to the achievement of Breathe Therapies aims and objectives.
* Assist in the management and development of the Breathe Therapies’ team.
* Manage own workload effectively.
* Your attention is drawn to the confidential nature of information collected within Breathe Therapies. The unauthorised use or disclosure of patient or other personal information is regarded as gross misconduct and will be subject to Breathe
Therapies’ Disciplinary Procedure in the case of computerised information could result in a prosecution for an offence or action for civil damages under the Data Protection Act 1998.
To be noticed:
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties which fall within the grade of the job in discussion with the Clinical Director.
This job description will be reviewed on a regular basis in light of changing service requirements and any such changes will be discussed with the post holder.
The post holder is expected to comply with all Breathe Therapies policies.
Reference ID: RMN03
Salary for full time work in line with NHS band for Senior RMN.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
RMN: 5 years (required)
Eating Disorder: 1 year (preferred)
Day shift (preferred)
Night shift (preferred)
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Plastic shield at work stations
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place