This accredited live online training event offers an in-depth look at OCD in all its guises and focuses on practical and effective methods of treatment – OCD recovery is possible in most cases.
The day is interactive and includes demonstration videos of therapy sessions, short video clips, in-depth discussions and case studies.
What will you learn
- New information that will enable you to help OCD sufferers more effectively
- A better understanding of OCD, what it is and how it develops
- The ability to recognise the less familiar types of OCD – these are often missed by both client and therapist
- An effective 4-step method for treating OCD
- New ways to help people overcome their compulsive tendencies
- Illuminating video clips of OCD sufferers describing their experience
- Helpful ways parents and educators can prevent signs of OCD in children and teenagers from developing further
- The important role of guided imagery in treatment and why it improves success rates
- How to separate the person from their OCD
- ‘Pure O’ – we look at ‘purely obsessional’ OCD, where people experience distressing intrusive thoughts without any external signs of compulsions
- The chance to observe effective therapy for OCD and discuss case studies
- How obsessive compulsive disorder fits with other psychological conditions – and with autism
- What to do when OCD symptoms are firmly entrenched
- The opportunity to discuss some of your own cases with a highly knowledgeable tutor
- How to handle challenging cases successfully and more…
You will have plenty of opportunities to ask your tutor, Miriam questions. We will send details of how to join the Zoom workshop by email the day before the event.
BONUS RECORDING – the training is recorded, in case anyone experiences technical difficulties on the day, so you will also get a recording for a limited time afterwards to maximise your learning.
Accredited CPD Certificate: 6 hours
GET 10% OFF with discount code PESI10.
Book your place>
Call our friendly office team on +44(0)1323 811690 to book over the phone or if you have any questions.
We hope to see you there.