This workshop will be delivered via Zoom.
The workshop will offer some starting points for therapeutic work with intimate relationships, couples and families. This attachment narrative approach to integrative formulation has relevance for individual, couple and family therapy.
- How to work with healing and repair following relational trauma?
- How to apply attachment theory in therapeutic practice, with a special focus on client and practitioner self-protective strategies?
- How to orient therapeutic intervention towards felt security and safety?
By attending this workshop you will:
- Develop skill in integrative formulation: attachment theory, narrative theory, relational trauma theory with systemic theory and practice.
- Gain an understanding of self-protective/adaptive strategies and their implications for safety in the therapeutic work.
- Learn the formats for exploration: activities that help translate theoretical ideas re attachment strategies into therapeutic practice.
- Have an integrative framework for therapeutic formulation: attachment, narrative and systemic theory and practice.
Arlene Vetere is professor of family therapy and systemic practice at VID Specialized University, Oslo, Norway. She is a clinical psychologist and systemic psychotherapist and supervisor, registered in the UK, where she resides. She has co-authored and co-edited twelve texts and numerous articles, including the second edition of ‘Systemic Therapy and Attachment Narratives: Applications in a range of clinical settings’, with Prof Rudi Dallos, published by Routledge in 2022.
This workshop is designed for counsellors, psychotherapists and mental health practitioners who are engaged in client work.
Please note that by booking a ticket for this event, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions for CPD events, so please read through them carefully before making your purchase.
If you experience any problems during the application process then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in WPF Therapy upcoming events, please book your tickets on our Eventbrite page.