During this interactive workshop, you will:
- Learn about the psychological models of grief
- Learn how to help patients feel comfortable introducing and talking about death and loss
- Explore the reasons why people may resist talking about grief and loss
- Learn how to help them overcome their avoidance of grief
- Explore case studies
- Learn how to work with traumatic memories
- Recommended audience: mental health practitioners
- A recording cannot be provided for this workshop due to the confidential nature of cases discussed in the interactive sections.
- 25 attendees maximum
Facilitator: Dr Erin Thompson, MBE, founder and director of The Loss Foundation, a charity dedicated solely to providing bereavement support following the loss of a loved one. Erin is a qualified clinical psychologist.
Duration: Full day workshop from 10am to 3pm