8 WEEK SHORT COURSE – ONLINE
This Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course is the most recognised and established mindfulness course, scientifically proven to help people cope better with stress, depression and anxiety.
The course consists of 2-hour introductory session, eight, 2-hour sessions and a 6-hour half-day retreat. Utilising psychoeducational materials, guided meditations, group dialogue, individually tailored instructions and home assignments, you will learn the essential principles and practices of mindfulness to establish and maintain your personal home practice.
- Developing practical self-care tools to help us to enhance self-regulation, co-regulation, expand our window of tolerance, and interoceptive awareness, build resilience and support movement from survival mode into thriving mode and beyond.
- A variety of formal and informal mindfulness meditation practices, which involve using the breath and body as a focus for being aware of our experience in the present moment.
- Understanding the physiology of stress and how to self-regulate our moods, so that we are better able to pause in challenging situations and manage our responses more effectively.
- Recognising the habitual patterns of worrying and self-criticism that often generate more stress; and learning to relate to ourselves and others with more acceptance and self-compassion.
- Learning to have more mindful, and thus meaningful, communication, connections and relationships.
Thur. 1st Sept 6pm – 8pm ORIENTATION SESSION
Sun. 4th Sept. 10.30am to 12.30pm
Sun. 11th Sept. 10.30am to 12.30pm
Sun. 18th Sept. 10.30am to 12.30pm
Sun. 25th Sept. 10.30am to 12.30pm
Sun. 2nd Oct. 10.30am to 12.30pm
Sun. 9th Oct. 10.30am to 12.30pm
Sat. 15th Oct. 10.30am to 4.30pm RETREAT DAY (also online)
Sun. 16th Oct. 10.30am to 12.30pm
Sun. 23rd Oct. 10.30am to 12.30pm
Course Materials: Electronic handouts accessible to participants after each session, which will cover the theory of each session and provide details of the home practice each week.
A set of downloadable guided meditations (female voice) for the home practice.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for Psychotherapist, Counsellors, student/trainee Counsellors & Psychotherapists, Psychologists and anyone in the helping professions e.g. teachers, nurses, care workers, social workers, mentors and mental health professionals and anyone with an interest in Mindfulness
Pre-requisites for the Workshops: As part of the booking process participants are required to complete a personal history questionnaire, and a follow-up call may be arranged. If during this call there is a mutual decision that the course isn’t suitable at this time, a full refund will be given.
BOOK YOUR PLACE
Visit our website: 8 Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction