This ‘taster’ session will give you an introduction to mindfulness meditation through experiential practices and psychoeducational material on the benefits of developing a regular mindfulness practice. It will be an informative and experimental session that includes some simple mindfulness meditation practices to help you begin to get a feel for what it means to be more mindful.
It provides an opportunity to experience some of the practices associated with the eight-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course which will be running online in September 2022.
For those that are interested in developing and integrating mindfulness into everyday life it provides an ideal opportunity to:
- Discover what mindfulness is (and isn’t).
- Learn how Mindfulness can help us to regulate our emotions and settle our nervous system.
- Explore how being in a state of “automatic pilot” mode can affect anxiety and stress.
- Explore simple mindfulness practices and how they can be used in our daily life to help us become calmer, more relaxed, focused and energized.
Who are the Workshops for? Anyone with a curiosity about mindfulness.
This introduction/taster session is ideal for people who have heard about mindfulness and want to explore more but are unsure if they want to book the 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course. It’s an opportunity to meet the facilitator and experience the principles and practices of mindfulness.
- Enhanced awareness of self, others and the world
- A quieter, calmer, more focused mind
- An increased ability to handle stressful situations
- More self-confidence
- A greater capacity for relaxation and sleep
- More energy and enthusiasm
Pre-requisites for the Workshops: Curiosity and kindness (to ourselves and others)
- Handout of the presentation
- Recommended reading lists
- Referral to audio recordings of meditations
BOOK YOUR PLACE
Visit our website: https://www.minstercentre.ac.uk/event/mindfulness-based-stress-reduction-online-taster-session/