This workshop will be delivered via Zoom online.
If you are interested in WPF Therapy upcoming events, please check our Eventbrite page.
- Are you thinking of setting up in private practice and want to know what it really involves?
- Are you already working in private practice but want to know how to do it more effectively and share ideas/experiences with other therapists?
- Are you in private practice but struggling or not making enough?
By the end of this workshop you will learn:
- What exactly private practice involves – the upsides and downsides.
- Practical tools to work out how to best make a living.
- Tips and tricks for dealing with all the issues the work involves – including effective supervision, support and self-care as well as thinking about elements like having a niche.
During this workshop we will cover:
- Private Practice – the pros and cons; what works, what doesn’t, what you don’t learn in your training; what could you learn from the first assessment.
- Money – Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?; memberships, room hire etc; Everything you need to cost out to calculate whether you’ll make a profit; insurance, legal support, clients who don’t pay, room hire vs working from home.
Wendy Bristow trained at WPF Therapy and has worked in private practice in Central London and then Angel for the past seven years. Her background is in the media - she worked as a magazine journalist and editor before training as an executive coach. She then coached and trained editors and journalists at the BBC, Conde Nast and all the major magazine houses and some newspapers. She therefore has some 30 years’ experience of being self-employed.
This workshop is open to training and qualified counsellors and psychotherapists, especially for anyone in private practice or planning to be. Please note that by booking on this workshop you agree to keep all discussion confidential.
Please note that by booking a ticket for this event, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions for CPD events, so please read through them carefully before making your purchase.
If you experience any problems during the application process then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.