Join Sue Parker Hall for this 1-day workshop exploring the origins of shame and how to work with the phenomenon relationally.
This CPD workshop will focus on:
- Exploring the nature of shame (definitions and symptoms)
- Differences between guilt and shame
- Sources of shame
- Models for thinking about shame
- Metaphors of shame
- Understanding our inner critic
- Creative exercise with relational debrief and processing
- Articulation of relational models for reflection and processing of shame
- Shame resistance techniques for the management of shame prior to processing it
Upcoming 1-Day Workshops (Weekday)
1 x 7-hour Session (including Session Breaks):
Saturday 18th September 2021 (9.30am - 4.30pm)
Daily Session Breaks: Three (Morning, Lunch and Afternoon)
Please note that you will need to attend all of the day in order to receive a CPD certificate
Our Working with Shame workshops are open to anyone with an interest in the subject matter, wants to develop their skills and expand their knowledge. This workshop is particularly aimed at counsellors, psychotherapists and those in helping professions who work therapeutically with others.
About the Tutor:
Sue Parker Hall:
Sue is passionately committed to practising, researching and teaching philosophy and methods that recognise a real human relationship as the crucible and the vehicle for positive change.
She has over 20 years of practice working with a wide range of issues and diverse client groups and is author of ‘Anger, Rage and Relationship: An Empathic Approach to Anger Management’ (2008, Routledge).
Sue trains other counsellors and psychotherapists, nationally and internationally to work with these phenomena in an empathic, relational way.
COVID-19 College Regulations:
- Do not enter if you have displayed any symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days or potentially been in contact with anyone who has had or displayed symptoms within the last 14 days
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times ensuring to keep 2 meters distance at least
- Do not share stationary or tools these should be kept for individual use.
- All paperwork to be signed and sent electronically only
- Use hand wipes, gels or other sanitisers provided
- Ensure any equipment you are bringing on site has been cleaned and disinfected prior to coming onto site
- Please wash your hands on a regular basis
- Please cough, sneeze or blow your nose into tissues and dispose of these immediately, if none are available please cough or sneeze into your elbow and wash immediately
- Use any PPE required as per the sites rules
- We will be sending all attendees a COVID-19 Pre-Visit Declaration Form prior to the event
This is an 'in person' workshop, based at Iron Mill's venue in Exeter. The running of this workshop as an 'in person' workshop is dependent on the Covid-19 restrictions and social distancing measures in place at the time of the workshop date. If Covid-19 restrictions are such that the workshop cannot go ahead in person, it will either be postponed or moved online. If this happens, all delegates will be contacted and offered the choice to re-book or receive a refund. We will review arrangements 2 weeks' before the event and inform you of any changes.
*Please note: Ticket Sales end midday the day before the event starts.