We recognise that the last 12 months have been challenging for therapists many of whom have been called upon to work longer hours and to support clients with the global pandemic. These sessions are designed to specifically support therapists (including therapists in training) who may struggle to make space for their own wellbeing but recognise the importance of prioritising themselves.
The sessions will focus on wellbeing through art, yoga, dance, meditation, music and other topics. These sessions are for you if:
- You can attend at lunchtime.
- Have your clinical work at either end of the day.
- May be starting to question emotional burnout.
- Want to focus on self-care in a group with other practitioners.
- Want to have a relaxing session in the middle of your working day.
All sessions will be on Zoom. You will need too WiFi with stable access to participate.
July Session - Wednesday 7th July 2021, 12pm-1pm - contact improvisation dace workshop in a time of no contact with Lalitarāja Joachim Chandler
Would you like to:
- Come into relationship with your own body?
- Find creative responses to your experiences of body and mind?
- Find ways to connect with empathy through movement in Zoom?
This session will help you:
- To be in touch with your physical experience
- To understand some basic concepts and practices from Contact Improvisation
- To find some calm through mindful attention to the body
- To have found some possibilities for creativity through the body
The basic format will be a Zoom dance class, designed for a small (2mx2m) area with the possibility to lie down, sit and interact with furniture that might be to hand. Participants will be led towards close attention to the body through walking, standing and lying down, eventually moving between the changes in level. Improvised movement will be facilitated, and participants encouraged to perceive the space that they are in differently, and to find creative responses to what they see. We may be dancing with our sofas, chairs, tables and other furnishings or just the floor, but we will also dance with each other through the screen.
Lalitaraja is a dance artist and educator based in the dance department at Roehampton University where he teaches choreography, contact improvisation and improvisation. As a performer he has worked with Scottish Ballet, Michael Clark, Adventures in Motion Pictures, Laurie Booth, Yolande Snaith, Kate Brown and Charles Linehan among others. He has presented more than 25 choreographic works and continues to choreograph and perform. His research interests focus on contemplative practices, improvisation and choreography. he has been teaching meditation and Buddhism since the mid 1990s. The name Lalitaraja was given on ordination into the Triratna Buddhist Order 1998.
Before booking please read our Terms and Conditions for CPD events here.
Applications must be received by Thursday, 1st July 2021.
Please note that by booking a ticket for this event, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions for CPD events, so please read through them carefully before making your purchase.
If you experience any problems during the application process then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.