This workshop will increase your knowledge and confidence in making safeguarding decisions about children and adults in the therapeutic context. It is a tailored training course for therapists and explores the dilemmas which therapists face in managing safeguarding. The course encourages systemic and joined-up thinking across clients, their families and networks.
Is it for me?
It is for therapists working with both adults and young people. Many adult clients have contact with children in some capacity, and all children are cared for by adults. You can be in private practice or employed by an organisation.
What will I learn?
The session covers:
- Legislative and statutory framework which promotes and safeguards a child’s welfare, including understanding terminology and comparisons with safeguarding vulnerable adults (joined-up thinking).
- An overview of types of harm and abuse.
- The role of the therapist within this framework, exploring issues of confidentiality and contracting in the counselling context, with consideration to GDPR.
- Making sense of your concerns and threshold dilemmas.
- Guidance on recording and reporting concerns.
- Signposting - what next.
How is it delivered?
This is currently via Zoom, with information sharing, whole group discussion, and opportunities for questions and personal reflection.
Tickets are on sale via Eventbrite.