Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the ‘comprehensive CAMHS system’.
About The Role
Hours: 21hrs p/w
Days: Monday - Wednesday
Location: London, SE24 0QN
As a Mental Health Practitioner/Counsellor, you will effectively manage all aspects of the Place2Be provision in partnership with the school ensuring that the children and young people are provided with therapeutic and emotional support, high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in Place2Be schools. This includes undertaking clinical assessments and formulations.
You will also undertake one to one or clinical or group work with children and/or young people and provide Place2Be services such as Place2Talk, Place2Think and Parent Partnership interventions as agreed with the Area Manager and school leadership team.
You'll ensure high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in Place2Be schools, by undertaking clinical assessments and formulations, identifying and delivering appropriate clinical interventions for children and young people, establishing positive, active and effective relationships with the school and Place2Be management team and actively participating in staff meetings to share best practice and develop clinical thinking, knowledge and learning.
The successful candidate:
Will have a recognised counselling or therapy qualification with substantial post-qualifying experience, along with a good knowledge of the school environment. Most important of all is your approach; we are an exciting, dynamic organisation doing amazing work so we're looking for people with the enthusiasm and commitment to match our own.
- hold a recognised counselling or therapy qualification
- have current membership of a relevant professional body (BACP/ PTUK/ UKCP/NCS/BPS)
- possess post qualification experience in a clinical role and an understanding of children and young people
- demonstrate understanding of working with children and young people who require or would benefit from emotional and therapeutic support
- demonstrates understanding of a range of therapeutic models
1st Interview: Monday 08th March 2021 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
To APPLY or view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.