Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life. Our work, focused on early intervention, is part of the 'comprehensive CAMHS system’.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with experience of leading clinical services for children and young people and managing and leading medium to large teams within health and social care, or education services in either the statutory or voluntary sector.
We do not require you to have a clinical background although this would be desirable, it is more important that you have experience of managing teams of clinicians. As the new Area Manager for London East End, you will oversee the clinical service delivery in 19 schools in the boroughs of Tower Hamlets and Hackney, provided by a team of Therapists, Counsellors and Parent Counsellors.
Your week will consist of providing operational management support and supervision for your team on a one to one basis as well as running team meetings and meetings with Head Teachers from the schools we work in.
You will be responsible for reviewing the performance data of your team in relation to their clinical work and accountable for reviewing and advising on safeguarding concerns on a daily basis.
You will need to be a fast learner and work at pace to adapt to the changing landscape of COVID restrictions that we are working within. You will bring passion and strong organisational skills to the team and support them to delivery high quality clinical services to the children and young people that we work with.
Area Manager - London East End
FTC 1 Year MAT Cover
Hours: 35 p/w
Days: Monday - Friday
Location: London East End
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
- ensure high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in all Place2Be schools provide Safeguarding and Child Protection training for staff and volunteers
- establish and maintain positive and active relationships with head teachers and governing bodies in partner schools
- undertake regular line management responsibilities of team members, reviewing on an ongoing basis delivery components in line with agreed outputs and KPIs
- analyse and use service data from your team and schools to inform and improve your team’s performance
- support people development; nurture skills and talent across your team to enable people to grow and develop
The successful candidate will have:
- experience of managing medium/large teams which may be multidisciplinary in nature to deliver locality/service objectives
- knowledge of relevant national policies, best practices, quality frameworks and local approaches to implementation within the specific area of mental health support for children and young people
- experience managing and leading health / social care / education services in either the statutory or voluntary sector
- the ability to influence people at all levels, in a clear, persuasive and tactful way
- strong multi-tasking skills, be flexible and show an ability to manage conflicting priorities
Interview Dates: Friday 04th December 2020 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work - but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
To APPLY please visit our webiste. To view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification please aslo visit our website for further details.