Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert training to improve the emotional wellbeing of pupils, families, teachers and school staff. We provide emotional and therapeutic services in over 600 primary and secondary schools in England, Scotland and Wales, reaching a school population of approximately 350,000 children.
Girvan- Girvan Academy
£14,943 per annum
Permanent- 5 days per week (Mon-Fri)
62 The Avenue, Girvan, KA26 9DW
*Please note this role is not suitable for Drama/Art Psychotherapists
Closing Date: Sunday 02nd August 2020 at 11:59pm
1st Interview: ZOOM Video Interview on Tuesday 4th August 2020
2nd Interview: ZOOM Video Interview TBC
Start Date: September 2020
To support the School Project Manager, ensuring that the children and young people are provided with therapeutic and emotional support. This is a fixed term training opportunity in which the post holder will be supported to develop the skills and knowledge to progress within the organisation.
Key duties & accountabilities
Ensure high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in Place2Be
• Undertake one-to-one clinical work with children and/or young people
• Plan and deliver Place2Talk
• Build and maintain excellent working relationships with the Head teacher, school staff, parents and carers, and the Counsellors on Placement team
• Participate in supervision with the SPM, and discuss and report any concerns or issues arising from the supervisions that have taken place with the Counsellors on Placement or within your own work
• Assess and allocate children and young people to the appropriate Counsellor on Placement
To successfully apply you will:
• Hold a recognised qualification in counselling or therapy
• Previous experience of working with Children and Young people
• Demonstrates understanding of working with children and young people who require or would benefit from emotional and therapeutic support and experience of the school environment
• Demonstrates understanding of a range of therapeutic models and models behaviours aligned to Place2Be and BACP framework
Please apply via our website and to view a full job description and Job Spec.