This is a great opportunity to join our team at Trust House Lancashire. Funded by BBC Children in Need, you will be supporting children and young people who have been subjected to sexual abuse of any kind, and their families. Trust House Lancashire is a dedicated Rape and Sexual Assault Support Centre based in Preston and working county wide through outreach. Trust House supports hundreds of individuals each year.
Working in the community and within a multi-agency framework, the Specialist Family Support Workers will empower and enable children, young people and their families affected by sexual violence or abuse to have a voice and move beyond their experience by providing them with information, advice, support delivery and coordination, and advocacy. You will work flexibly and in a child and family centred way to ensure sure that each child and their family gets the support they need to move beyond their experience and have the best chance of recovering.
To apply you should have:
• Pratice experience of working with children and young people that have experienced sexual abuse or exploitation and experience of working directly with families with different levels of need.
• An excellent understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual abuse particularly its impact on children and young people.
• Experience of working in a multi-agency and collaborative way.
• A Good general education and ideally with a professional qualification in social or
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of safeguarding procedures.