Full-time position for the Khiron House residential programme near Wantage in Oxfordshire.
Hours: 8-5 Monday to Friday,
FEE: starting fee of £251 per day on a self-employed contract – Full time
Reporting to: Clinical Director
Purpose of Role: To provide primary and secondary therapist support to residents at Khiron House. To meet or exceed standards of care delivered to residents, in accordance with the company standards and complying with all regulatory and statutory obligations.
To provide primary and secondary therapist support to residents at Khiron House. To meet or exceed standards of care delivered to residents, in accordance with the company standards and complying with all regulatory and statutory obligations.
The main responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
Care and Quality
- Assess the resident’s psychological and social needs and draw up a detailed treatment plan. This needs to involve the resident, family and multi-disciplinary team, and take the lifestyle, gender and background of the resident into consideration.
- Undertake a primary and secondary therapist role for allocated residents.
- Run group sessions and individual therapy sessions for residents
- To establish and maintain effective communication with all residents within the clinic, their relatives and other health professionals as appropriate.
- To escalate any complaints following company policy and report to the Management Team in accordance with guidelines.
- To ensure full awareness and understanding by all staff employed within the clinic of the company’s policies and procedures and risk management protocols.
- Continuously evaluate care needs with other members of the nursing team and seek to improve the care delivered to residents.
- Ensure that documentation relating to the delivery of care is completed accurately, legibly and in accordance with company standards.Participate in formal audit processes at the request of the Board of Directors.
- Assist with the investigation of any complaints.
- Keep the Managing Director informed of any relevant issues.
Marketing and promotion
- To establish and maintain the high profile and good reputation of the Clinic within the community.
- Proactively develop professional and clinical skills in order to enhance the knowledge and skills needed for safe and effective practice.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas in trauma therapy care.
- Participate in continuous process improvements and make recommendations for change with regard to clinical and non-clinical policy.
- Degree in psychology or similar studies in behavioural or mental health.Masters level is preferred.
- Training in Somatic Experiencing, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy or Trauma trained
- Training in EMDR in addition to somatic training (preferred but not required)
- Clinical experience with individuals and/or groups
- An ongoing commitment to personal and professional growth
- A willingness to learn the Khiron House approach to trauma treatment (may require some study outside of work hours)
- Ability to collaborate with a team of colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
Experience of working in a residential treatment centre for mental health and behavioural disorders is also strongly preferred.
Please send a CV and a 500 word statement describing your reasons for applying to Romana Akram, email@example.com
Application posted closing date for application is