Join Dr Arielle Schwartz for her live video webcast!
Webcast Streaming Event Dates: 19 - 21 November 2020
Many clinicians are trained in the treatment of single traumatic events but are not fully equipped to treat Complex PTSD. The traditional approaches to the treatment of PTSD can fall short when working with clients with Complex PTSD.
The most common question asked when treating Complex PTSD is, “where do I start?”. In this CPD training, you will develop confidence in your ability to successfully organise and prioritise your client’s treatment goals. You will learn how to compassionately and effectively work with clients who have experienced multiple traumatic events and prolonged trauma exposure.
Trauma, PTSD, Complex PTSD, Developmental Trauma...
Successful treatment requires a compassionate therapeutic relationship and effective, research-based interventions. After this two-day workshop you will learn how to:
- Help clients move out of crisis by building stabilising resources
- Prepare clients to work through traumatic memories without becoming overwhelmed
- Develop an integrative trauma treatment plan that includes Somatic Psychology, Parts Work Therapy, CBT, DBT, EMDR Therapy and mind-body therapies.
Dr. Arielle Schwartz will show you an engaging and interactive way to learn valuable strategies that will allow you to successfully address the dysregulated affect and arousal states that accompany Complex PTSD. You will leave this CPD event with practical tools that facilitate a strength-based approach to trauma recovery and increased resilience in clients.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish key contributing factors to the development of Complex PTSD as it relates to client case conceptualisation.
- Explore how complex PTSD impacts the cognitive, emotional, and physical health of the client.
- Determine how to assess clients for Complex PTSD symptoms within other diagnoses, including personality disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and dissociative disorders.
- Incorporate into clinical treatment practical mind-body therapy tools to help clients feel resourced and prepared for trauma processing.
- Articulate the six stages of trauma responses within the neurobiology of Complex PTSD as it relates to clinical treatment.
- Utilise assessment tools to properly assess for Complex PTSD to better inform treatment planning.
- Breakdown how mutual regulation within the therapeutic relationship teaches clients self-regulation strategies that help them develop new interpersonal strengths that help with the treatment process.
- Integrate interventions for the treatment of Complex PTSD drawn Somatic Psychology, Parts Work Therapy, CBT, DBT, EMDR Therapy and mind-body therapies.
- Recognise how working within the “Window of Tolerance” can help reduce the likelihood of re-traumatisation.
- Describe how “top-down” and “bottom-up” interventions can speed up or slow down the pacing of trauma treatment.
- Employ the 6 Pillars of Resilience as a strength-based approach that fosters growth and integration of a positive sense of self-identity in clients.
- Identify self-care practices for therapists to help with self-care before, during, and after sessions when dealing with trauma to improve therapeutic alliance and prevent burnout.
Webcast Event Details:
Webcast Streaming Dates: 19 - 21 November 2020 from 14.00 to 18.15
When you sign up for exclusive access to this live training via webcast, you'll receive ...
- 12 hours of live-streaming CPD viewable from the comfort of your home or office
- Printable presenter slides or manual – so you can easily follow along and take notes
- Unlimited access to all video and materials for 3 months — to review the content when you need it
- Instant access to your CPD certificate