Join neuroscience and anxiety expert, Dr. Catherine Pittman, and learn her keys for successful anxiety treatment. Dr. Pittman integrates brain-based strategies for calming the anxious mind with client communication techniques that motivate change in your clients. Catherine’s approach promotes adherence to treatment and strengthens the therapeutic alliance - which is essential when working with anxious, worried, traumatised, or obsessive clients.
- Apply proven brain-based strategies for fear, panic, social anxiety, OCD, GAD, and PTSD
- Understand the difference between cortex-based and amygdala-based anxiety
- Motivate clients and calm the anxious brain using the power of neuroplasticity
- Increase client engagement by focusing on changing the brain - not simply decreasing anxiety
Using Neuroscience to End Anxiety, Panic, and Worry...
You will learn proven tools and techniques to:
- Identify and treat the roots of anxiety in both the amygdala and the cortex
- Explain “the language of the amygdala” in an accessible, straight forward way
- Identify how the cortex contributes to anxiety, and empower clients with strategies to resist anxiety-igniting cognitions
- Therapy is about change - it’s about creating a new self - and incorporating the concept of “rewiring the brain” is a potent method for stopping anxiety in its tracks.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Ascertain the underlying neurological processes that impact anxious symptoms for clients.
- Develop client engagement in treatment using personalized goals and attending to the therapeutic relationship.
- Evaluate the differences between amygdala-based and cortex-based anxiety symptoms and identify how these symptoms inform treatment interventions.
- Communicate strategies for calming and training the amygdala in order to alleviate symptoms of anxiety.
- Implement methods for teaching clients to retrain the cortex so that anxiety is resisted rather than exacerbated.
Webcast Event Details:
Webcast Streaming Dates: 1 - 2 October 2020 from 17.30 to 21.00
When you sign up for exclusive access to this live training via webcast, you'll receive ...
- 6 hours of live-streaming CPD viewable from the comfort of your home or office
- Printable presenter slides or manual – so you can easily follow along and take notes
- Unlimited access to all video and materials for 3 months — to review the content when you need it
- Instant access to your CPD certificate