Shame often prevents your traumatised clients’ recovery and hampers their ability to find relief and perspective despite effective treatment. Feelings of worthlessness and inadequacy interfere with taking in positive experiences, leaving only hopelessness. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to learn effective experiential exercises drawn from Sensorimotor Psychotherapy from internationally renowned trauma expert Janina Fisher, Ph.D.
Dr. Fisher will show you how to help clients relate to their symptoms with mindful dual awareness and curiosity rather than automatic acceptance. If you are frustrated with the lack of treatment success in your traumatised clients, this workshop will provide the solutions for long-term healing.
Apply somatic interventions drawn from Sensorimotor Psychotherapy that decrease shame...
Despite your best efforts, unshakeable feelings of shame and self-hatred often undermine treatment: your clients repeatedly take two steps forward, then one step back. In this one of a kind workshop, you will understand shame from a neurobiological perspective – as a survival strategy driving somatic responses of automatic obedience and total submission – enforced by the client’s punitive introspection.
Attend this seminar and learn to integrate traditional psychodynamic and cognitive-behavioural techniques with Sensorimotor interventions that emphasise posture, movement and gesture. With these new techniques, issues of shame can become an avenue to transformation rather than a source of stuckness.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of shame and self-loathing as symptoms of trauma.
- Identify the neurobiological effects of shame.
- Describe the role of negative cognitive schemas in perpetuating shame.
- Assess the physiological and cognitive contributions to shame.
- Apply somatic interventions drawn from Sensorimotor Psychotherapy that decrease shame.
- Practice memory processing, cognitive-behavioural and ego state techniques.
Webcast Event Details:
Webcast Streaming Dates: 30 - 31 July 2020 from 15.00 - 18.30 each day
When you sign up for exclusive access to this live interactive webcast, you'll receive ...
- 6 hours of live-streaming CPD viewable from the comfort of your home or office
- Printable presenter slides or manual – so you can easily follow along and take notes
- Unlimited access to all video and materials for 3 months — to review the content when you need it
- Instant access to your CPD certificate