Full Embodiment: Healing Sexual Trauma - A special training for the SE Community
Presented by Ariel Giarretto, MS, LMFT, SEP
SE Faculty and Somatic Sex Educator
All of us work with clients who have experienced sexual trauma as a child, sexual assault as adults, or with couples who struggle with sexual incompatibilities This workshop is aimed at helping practitioners achieve a variety of new and effective tools to best serve these clients—even the toughest ones.
- How to work with those most reluctant to inhabit their bodies
- Learn multiple exercises to deepen and expand embodiment and pleasure
- Learn new ways of strengthening boundaries and establishing genuine “embodied consent”
- Learn skills specific to working with male survivors
- Learn how to support couples when one is sexually avoidant, or when there are sexual incompatibilities
- How to work with low libido, spice up long-term relationships and enliven sexuality as the body ages
- Tools for healing shame
- Ideas on working with common sexual dysfunctions
What you will learn personally:
- Become friends with your body, and inhabit all parts of it
- Develop more awareness, ease and pleasure!
- Get comfortable talking about the body and sexuality with your clients and intimates.
Who will benefit:
Therapists, psychologists, and practitioners who want to become more adept at somatically treating sexual trauma and sexuality issues.
Ariel Giarretto, MS, LMFT has been working in the world of body-oriented trauma healing for 20 years. She is senior faculty for Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute where she teaches trainings to professionals worldwide. She has been involved in conscious sexuality and tantric practices since working at the Esalen Institute throughout the 90’s, and has studied with dozens of somatic teachers. She is a certified Somatic Sex Educator, and is active in many alternative, sex-positive communities. Her private practice focuses on working with couples and individuals desiring sexual healing and enhancement, including men, LGBTQ, as well as those struggling with low libido, infertility, and any trauma concerning the pelvis or sexuality. She has extensive training in pre and perinatal psychology, as well as childhood developmental trauma. Ariel is passionate about supporting people in finding both ease and ecstasy in their bodies, and healing the wounds of sexuality trauma. She has a practice near San Francisco, CA.
Cost and Booking
This course is open to SEP’s, current SE trainees, and people who have completed NARM, ISP, OI or who have attended a 2-day Introduction to SE.
The cost of the workshop with Ariel is £490. If you book before 30th March 2020 the price is £440.