'Where Are You…? Where Am I…?’ How Does Polyvagal theory inform EFT Clinician?
Led by Gulya Diyarova, MSc Tavistock, UKCP reg, Accr. COSRT, BACP, ICEEFT Certified EFT therapist and supervisor, Director of EFT International School.
When: 8th Nov 2019
Time and duration: 10am (Registration at 9.30am) till 4/4.30pm
Fee: £85 for the day incl tea/coffee/biscuits breaks
Place: Canada Water Library, 21 Surrey Quays Rd, SE16 7AR (next door to Canada Water tube, Jubilee line).
Since Stephen Porges proposed his Polyvagal Theory (1994), which linked the role of Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) in managing risks and safety through changing our physiological state to the emergence of Social Engagement behaviour, it has arguably become one of the most promising and innovative developments to impact the therapy world in the past 25 years. It was called ‘Science of safety’ (D. Dana, 2018), science of feeling safe enough to fall in love and take the risks of connection, which is also the major tenet of EFT approach.
This workshop is going Beyond neuroscience, attempting to show the ways of integrating Polyvagal Theory and EFT in our clinical practice:
- Getting to know your Nervous System. Polyvagal Ladder.
- To communicate clinically relevant features of Polyvagal Theory.
- Why distressed clients continually move through an enduring cycle of fight or flight mobilisation, numbness and disconnect?
- Polyvagal and EFT. Where do they meet?
- Why we access primary emotion for change in EFT?
- How to apply polyvagal lens and EFT in re-patterning the ways the ANS operates, when the drive to survive competes with the longing to connect with others?
- How to access clients’ Social Engagement System to co-regulate and help to shift their experiences and personal narratives to feeling heroic and not victimised?
You are welcome:
- If you at least have attended Introductory EFT Overview workshops and read "Creating Connections. Practice of EFT" by Sue Johnson,
- Or participated in EFT International Summer Schools,
- Or/and are at any stage of your EFT training and development.
For more info go to the EFT School website (EFT Trainings page) www.eftinternationalschoollondon.com
or E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org